SFVHS was established July 4, 1943 at Campo de Cahuenga near what is now Universal Studios, and later incorporated on June 13, 1951. The historic Campo was a fitting site for SFVHS’s formative years, as the Campo was where the pivotal Articles of Capitulation were signed in 1847.
The Campo served as SFVHS’s headquarters until 1969 when SFVHS moved to new headquarters at the historic Andres Pico Adobe in Mission Hills, California.
SFVHS has an extensive collection of artifacts and relics tracing the multi-cutural history of the San Fernando Valley housed in the San Fernando Valley Heritage Center museum located in the Andres Pico Adobe.
To link the past, present and future, the Society shares its wealth of local history by offering a variety of enrichment programs that educate and entertain the public. Guest speakers, field trips, museum tours, special events and exhibits, and volunteer opportunities are all part of an exciting calendar of activities year-round.